The 3rd GCHERA World Dialogue, Education and Innovation in the Life Sciences: Global Leadership to meet the Challenges of 21st C, was held in conjunction with the 15th China and Agriculture and Forestry Presidents Forum (CAFUPF) on 20 September at Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China.
The aim was to discuss how to support our universities to develop curricula and deliver that curricula to produce the future leaders who have the skills and the ethical foundation to address the global challenges of 21st C, such as nutritional security, environmental sustainability and climate change. The following were the keynote presentations:
- Higher Education in Agriculture: Mission, opportunity and innovation Bingsheng KE, President of China Agricultural University, China,
- The Road to Success: the Experience of UC Davis in the Higher Education of Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences, Helene DILLARD, Dean of College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, University of California, Davis, U.S.A.,
- To Build World-class Disciplines Depends on Developing Related Forestry, Chuanping YANG, President of Northeast Forestry University, China,
- Education and Innovation in Agricultural Sciences: Global Leadership to Meet the Challenges of the 21st Century, Max PFEFFER, Senior Associate Dean of College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, U.S.A.,
- Chinese Agriculture Higher Education in Transformation: Tradition, Structure, and Missions, Weichun DONG, Vice-President, Nanjing Agricultural University, China,
- Challenges for World Class University: A Case of Chiang Mai University especially Faculty of Agriculture, Sanchai JATURASITHA, Vice Director, Agricultural College, Chiang Mai University, Thailand,
- Adhere to Three Orientation, Striving for Excellence Discipline, and Strive to Build a High Level Ocean University Chunhai YE, President, Guangdong Ocean University, China.
- Outline of University of Tsukuba and its Action for Globalization, Hiroshi MATSUMOTO, Provost, Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan,
- Learning to Look Beyond Boundaries, Paul VLEK, 2014 GCHERA World Agriculture Prize Laureate, University of Bonn, Germany
- Thinking on Construction of Local High Level University Xiaoyang CHEN, President, South China Agricultural University, China,
- Overcoming the Challenges of Training Agricultural Leaders in East and Central Africa Tertiary Agricultural Institutions in the 21stC, James B KUNG’U, Dean, School of Environmental Sciences, Kenyatta University, Kenya
- Producing Graduates who Lead Agricultural Development in Africa: Challenges and Opportunities, Carl LARSEN, Freelance Consultant, World Bank
- Using Ideas and Methods of Law, Shaohui FU, President, Hunan Agricultural University, China, Promoting Comprehensive Reform of Agriculture and Forestry Universities by Construction of Status