2003 – Kiev, Ukraine
The Third Conference of GCHERA took place in Kiev, in September 2003, under the support of the President and Government of Ukraine. It was hosted by the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine (more information on this web page)
- Global Reforms in Higher Agricultural Education and Research: Responding to Challenges to Quality and Safety of Food and Agricultural Products.
- GCHERA recommendations to improve curricula and syllabi for bachelors and masters in agricultural sciences, forestry, fisheries, and veterinary medicine with strengthen on quality and safety of food and agricultural products, their international certification and standardization. Main disciplines:
Agricultural Products Processing and Storage;
Forestry, Horticulture and Landscape Architecture;
Agrobiotechnologies, Quality and Safety of GMO Products;
Mechanization, Electrification and Automation for Agriculture and Forestry;
Agricultural Machines and Equipment;
Agricultural Marketing and Management;
Quality, Standardization and Certification of Agricultural, Forestry and Fisheries Products;
Agricultural Ecology and Environmental Protection;
Land Management and Natural Resources;
Fundamental Natural and Social Sciences in Agricultural Education;
Postgraduate Education and Extension.
- Experience in implementation of up-to-date information technologies in education (studying and teaching materials, software, distance learning, etc.).
- Academic leadership, institutional reform and university management issues.
- Student leadership, international student organizations and network.
- International programmes and projects for education and research in agriculture, forestry, fishery and veterinary medicine.
- For more information please click here.